5 Steps Simple
1. Find your school code at www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. Find your pin at www.pin.ed.gov
3. Apply online (File Application) at FAFSA
4. fill all information in a PDF FAFSA
5. Request a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at
1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665.
Things to have:
– Social security card and driver’s license.
– Last year’s tax returns and w2 forms.
– Records of untaxed income like welfare and veteran’s benefits.
– Current asset information such as bank, brokerage statements and mortgage information.
– Fill out your name exactly how it appears on your social security card.
– Never leave a question blank! Enter a Zero “0”
– your EFC will arrive in your student aid report when you have completed and sent in your fafsa form.
– If FAFSA is Submitted:
– WEB/INTERNET – SAR will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks.
– Hard Copy – SAR will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks.
Get More FAFSA Help:
Support with the FAFSA
If you you need more information about the application, FAFSA on the Web, or federal student financial aid:
Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC)
800-4-FED-AID (433-3243) / TTY 800-730-8913
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight Eastern Time
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time